Maps Topographical sketch of the environs of Washington, D.C. : (survey of locality for public park & site for a presidential mansion) /
Rock Creek Valley
District of Columbia
Rock Creek Valley
Rock Creek Valley (Md. and Washington, D.C.)
- Topographical sketch of the environs of Washington, D.C. : (survey of locality for public park & site for a presidential mansion) /
- Contributor Names
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Rock Creek Valley (Md. and Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--District of Columbia--Rock Creek Valley
- - United States--Maryland--Rock Creek Valley
- - Cadastral map showing property lines, householders' names, buildings, and woods.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Made in compliance with Senate Resolution of 18th July 1866."
- - "Approved by Committee of Public Buildings & Grounds of the Senate, 20th Feb'y 1867."
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Sheet no. 1 oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Accompanied by reduced-size (ca. 1:16,000) photocopy of sheet no. 2. 1 sheet : mounted on cloth backing ; 46 x 37 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 2 maps : ms., 1 col., tracing cloth ; 46 x 35 cm. and 62 x 48 cm.
- Call Number
- G3850 s10 .M51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3850 ct003706a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3850.ct003706a
- g3850 ct003706b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3850.ct003706b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.