Maps Interpretative map of wind erodibility. Gaines County, Texas /
United States. Soil Conservation Service
Land Capability for Agriculture
- Interpretative map of wind erodibility. Gaines County, Texas /
- "Issued May 1986." Shows soils in groups in terms of capability for crops, as relating to wind erodibility. "This map is for general planning purposes only." "Base compiled from U.S.G.S. quadrangle sheets and Texas general highway map." In lower right margin: September 1983, base 4-R-38442 ; 4-R-38442-2. UTM grid: Zone 13. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes location map. 1 map : col. ; 70 x 92 cm.
- Contributor Names
- United States. Soil Conservation Service.
- Created / Published
- [Fort Worth, Tex. : Temple, Tex. : USDA-SCS-National Cartographic Center ; State Conservationist, distributor, 1986]
- Subject Headings
- - Land capability for agriculture--Texas--Gaines County
- - Wind erosion--Texas--Gaines County
- - Soil productivity--Texas--Gaines County
- - United States--Texas--Gaines County
- - "Issued May 1986."
- - Shows soils in groups in terms of capability for crops, as relating to wind erodibility.
- - "This map is for general planning purposes only."
- - "Base compiled from U.S.G.S. quadrangle sheets and Texas general highway map."
- - In lower right margin: September 1983, base 4-R-38442 ; 4-R-38442-2.
- - UTM grid: Zone 13.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes location map.
- 1 map : col. ; 70 x 92 cm.
- Call Number
- G4033.G2J15 1986 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4033g ct002089 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4033g.ct002089
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division