Maps [Cadastral survey map of Charles Carroll Jr.'s land in central Washington D.C. in 1793].
Priggs, John F. A.
District of Columbia
Early Works to 1800
- [Cadastral survey map of Charles Carroll Jr.'s land in central Washington D.C. in 1793].
- Contributor Names
- Priggs, John F. A.
- Created / Published
- [Washington? : s.n., 189-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Washington (D.C.)--Surveys--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Cadastral survey of land tracts named Duddington Pasture, Duddington Manor, New Troy, and Houps Addition, with owners' names.
- - "The out lines of the Resurvey as made for Charles Carroll Jun'r the 16th day of May 1759 is shadowed with yellow.
- - Facsim. of ms. map.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Original version: 1793. Laid down by a scale of eighty equal parts in an inch by John F.A. Priggs surv'r.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text and indexed boundary descriptions.
- - LC original ms. map filed under G3851.G46 1793 .P7 Vault.
- - LC copy 1 fold-lined and mounted on cloth backing.
- - 2 copies
- - DCP
- 1 map : col. ; 35 x 45 cm.
- Call Number
- G3851.G46 1793 .P7 189-
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3851g ct002579a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3851g.ct002579a
- g3851g ct002579b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3851g.ct002579b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.