Film, Video Tristan and Isolda /
Iseult (Legendary Character)
Tristan (Legendary Character)
- Tristan and Isolda /
- Other Title
- Tristano e Isotta
- Tristan et Yseult
- Tristain and Isolda
- Tristan and Isolde.
- tristano e isotta
- tristan et yseult
- tristain and isolda
- tristan and isolde.
- Accompanied by his slave Rosen, Tristan journeys to Ireland to bring Isolda back to be the bride of his uncle, King Mark of Cornwall. Rosen, however, is jealous of her master's attentions to Isolda and attempts to poison Tristan. At the last minute, the poison is changed to a love potion, which both Tristan and Isolda drink. Once back in Cornwall, the two run off and are denounced by Rosen. King Mark is, however, moved out of pity for their youth and pardons Tristan and Isolda, but the two, realizing that they cannot overcome their love, commit suicide.
- Created / Published
- United States : Pathe, 1911.
- Subject Headings
- - Tristan (Legendary character)--Drama
- - Iseult (Legendary character)--Drama
- - Giovanni Pezzinga, Serafino Mastracchio, Francesca Bertini, Bianca Lorenzoni.
- - Originally released in France by Pathé frères in 1911.
- - Summary mainly taken from Bioscope, Sept. 28, 1911, supplement v.
- - Intertitles: A feast is given by King Mark to celebrate his approaching marriage to Isolda; Under the influence of the Philtre, Tristan and Isolda escape together; Rosen tells King Mark of Isolda's flight; Moved by their youth, King Mark pardons Isolda and Tristan; Tristan and Islolda, unable to surmount their love, take refuge in death.
- - LC viewing prints and dupe neg pics are black and white copies of tinted nitrate.
- - MAVIS 20932; Tristan and Isolda.
- - Digital files viewed.
- - Sources used: Catalogue Pathé des années 1896 à 1914,1910 à 1911 p. 458-459; Archivo del cinema Italiano, v. 1, il cinema muto, 1905-1931, p. 319; Véray, L. "1927: the apotheosis of the French historical film?" in Film history, v. 17, p. 350, on Project MUSE database, Nov. 20, 2006; Bioscope [MI], Sept. 28, 1911, supplement v; Internet movie database, Nov. 20, 2006.
- - Reel 2 available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 4/15/1988 from LC film lab; viewing print (FGE 6596); preservation; Shepard (David) Collection.
- - Received: 6/2/1980 from LC film lab; viewing print (r2) (FEB 5759); preservation; Shepard (David) Collection.
- - Received: 9/23/1987 from LC film lab; dupe neg pic (FQA 4456); preservation; Shepard (David) Collection.
- - Received: 6/9/1977 from LC film lab; dupe neg pic (r2) (FPD 3100); preservation; Shepard (David) Collection.
- 2 film reels of 2 on 1 (ca. 17 min., 1500 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 2 (r2) (ca. 9 min., 776 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- 2 film reels of 2 on 1 (ca. 17 min., 1500 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 film reel of 2 (r2) (ca. 9 min., 776 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg pic.
- Call Number
- FGE 6596 (viewing print)
- FEB 5759 (viewing print)
- FQA 4456 (dupe neg pic)
- FPD 3100 (dupe neg pic)
- Digital Id
- mbrsascfr 5759s1 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/mbrsascfr.5759
- Library of Congress Catalog Number