Maps Extract of military map of N.E. Virginia showing forts and roads.
United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau
Washington Metropolitan Area
District of Columbia
Washington Metropolitan Area
- Extract of military map of N.E. Virginia showing forts and roads.
- Contributor Names
- United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : Engineer Bureau, War Dept., 1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Washington Metropolitan Area--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Fortification--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Metropolitan Area
- - Covers Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Eastern corner of D.C. ca. 7 cm. within map area.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Also shows rural householders' names and vegetation.
- - Includes note and coat of arms below title.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 687
- - LC copy 1 halved and mounted on cloth backing. LC copy 2 brittle, missing large sections along margins, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- - DCP
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 50 cm.
- Call Number
- G3851.S5 1865 .U53
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.