Maps Map of Anacostia River in the District of Columbia and Maryland /
- Map of Anacostia River in the District of Columbia and Maryland /
- Contributor Names
- Hains, Peter C. (Peter Conover), 1840-1921.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : Corps of Engineers, 1891]
- Subject Headings
- - Reclamation of land--Anacostia River (Md. and Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - Nautical charts--Anacostia River (Md. and Washington, D.C.)
- - Anacostia River Valley (Md. and Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Anacostia River (Washington)
- - United States--Maryland--Anacostia River
- - United States--District of Columbia--Anacostia River Valley (Washington)
- - United States--Maryland--Anacostia River Valley
- - Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - "Area to be filled shaded in red."
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - "To accompany report of Oct. 24, 1891, Peter C. Hains, Lieut. Colonel of Engineers."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes "Cross section of proposed channel."
- - "H Ex--30--52 1."
- - LC copy fold-lined, halved, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - DCP
- 1 map : col. ; 31 x 124 cm.
- Call Number
- G3852.A5N2 1891 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3852a ct001351 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3852a.ct001351
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.