Maps [Plans and sections of the proposed continuation of the Washington Canal from Rock Creek to Little Falls of the Potomac, Washington D.C.] /
- [Plans and sections of the proposed continuation of the Washington Canal from Rock Creek to Little Falls of the Potomac, Washington D.C.] /
- Contributor Names
- Latrobe, Benjamin Henry, 1764-1820.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington Canal (Washington, D.C.)--Planning
- - Washington Canal (Washington, D.C.)
- - Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md. and Washington, D.C.)--Planning
- - Chesapeake and Ohio Canal (Md. and Washington, D.C.)
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Canal
- - United States--Maryland--Chesapeake and Ohio Canal
- - United States--District of Columbia--Chesapeake and Ohio Canal
- - United States--District of Columbia--Georgtown
- - Section III also covers lower part of Georgetown.
- - Drawn by Nicholas King.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Map no. I drawn in 2 sections and oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - Some maps include text, inset, or 1 or 2 longitudinal sections of canal.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Phillips. Washington 74
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 4 maps : ms., col. ; 56 x 83 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3852.W28G45 s07 .L3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3852wm gct00208 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3852wm.gct00208
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.