Maps Map exhibiting the property of the U.S. in the vicinity of the Capitol : colored red, with the manner in which it is proposed to lay off the same in building lots, as described in the report to the Sup't of the city to which this is annexed /
- Map exhibiting the property of the U.S. in the vicinity of the Capitol : colored red, with the manner in which it is proposed to lay off the same in building lots, as described in the report to the Sup't of the city to which this is annexed /
- Contributor Names
- District of Columbia. Office of the Surveyor.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - United States Capitol (Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - City planning--Washington (D.C.)
- - Public lands--Washington (D.C.)
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)
- - Capitol Hill (Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Mall, The (Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Capitol Hill (Washington)
- - United States--District of Columbia--Mall, The (Washington)
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Covers area bounded by 2nd St. east, D St. south, 6th St. west, and D St. north, including eastern part of the Mall.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Partial cadastral map showing buildings, some lots, and block numbers and dimensions.
- - Pen-and-ink, watercolor, and lead pencil.
- - Oriented with north to the left.
- - Torn and missing small sections along edges.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes note and survey data.
- - Phillips. Washington, 126
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., col., cloth backing ; 59 x 47 cm.
- Call Number
- G3852.U518G45 1815 .D5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3852u ct001112 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3852u.ct001112
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.