Maps Plan of part of the city of Washington shewing the situation of the buildings belonging to Mr. Dan'l Carroll of Duddington.
- Plan of part of the city of Washington shewing the situation of the buildings belonging to Mr. Dan'l Carroll of Duddington.
- Contributor Names
- King, N. (Nicholas), 1771-1812.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Capitol Hill (Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Carroll, Daniel,--1764-1849--Homes and haunts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--District of Columbia--Capital Hill (Washington)
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Covers area bounded by 1st and 2nd streets and North and South Carolina avenues S.E., Capitol Hill, Washington D.C.
- - Shows block numbers, dimensions, buildings, and function of buildings.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Watermarked: 1794, [fleur-de-lis].
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - Accompanied by fact sheet. 1 sheet ; 61 x 46 cm.
- - Includes note.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Cited in preliminary cataloging: Toner collection 19
- - Phillips. Washington, 350
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 37 x 46 cm.
- Call Number
- G3852.C32G46 1796 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3852c ct003598 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3852c.ct003598
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.