Maps Plan of the Navy Yard at Washington, D.C. : showing the position and dimensions of all the buildings as they were June 1st 1881.
Washington Navy Yard
District of Columbia
Washington Navy Yard
- Plan of the Navy Yard at Washington, D.C. : showing the position and dimensions of all the buildings as they were June 1st 1881.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington Navy Yard--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Navy Yard
- - Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - Black, brown, blue, and red inks.
- - Rubber-stamped: From collection of David Dixon Porter.
- - Faced with gauze, halved, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes and index of buildings.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 56 x 81 cm.
- Call Number
- G3852.W352 1881 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.