Maps Map of part of the city of Washington shewing the situation of the mansion house, grave yard & buildings belonging to Mr. Notley Young : original proprietor of that part of the city.
King, N. (Nicholas)
District of Columbia
Early Works to 1800
Homes and Haunts
- Map of part of the city of Washington shewing the situation of the mansion house, grave yard & buildings belonging to Mr. Notley Young : original proprietor of that part of the city.
- Contributor Names
- King, N. (Nicholas), 1771-1812.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Waterfronts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Young, Notley--Homes and haunts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Shows block numbers, buildings by type of occupancy, fences, and street names.
- - Covers area along Potomac River waterfront between E and L streets S.W.
- - Drawn by Nicholas King.
- - Black and brown inks, watercolors, with additions in lead pencil.
- - Watermarks: HR, GR (with coat-of-arms under crown).
- - Originally drawn on 2 sheets.
- - Accompanied by fact sheet dated 2/76. 1 sheet : ms. ; 73 x 61 cm.
- - Includes note.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Phillips. Washington, 1267
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., col., cloth backing ; 33 x 84 cm.
- Call Number
- G3851.G46 1796 .K58
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3851g ct003600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3851g.ct003600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.