Maps Topographical map of the District of Columbia /
- Topographical map of the District of Columbia /
- Contributor Names
- Boschke, A.
- McClelland, D.
- Sweeny, Hugh B.
- Blagden, Thos. (Thomas)
- D. McClelland, Blanchard & Mohun.
- Created / Published
- Washington : D. McClelland, Blanchard & Mohun, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Arlington County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington County
- - Partial cadastral map showing some householders' names, individual buildings, and vegetation.
- - Relief shown by contours and hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - Also covers Virginia shoreline zone.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861, by D. McClelland, Blanchard & Mohun, Hugh B. Sweeny, and Thos. Blagden, in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the District of Columbia."
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 678.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copies variously sectioned, fold-lined, and mounted on cloth backing. Some copies also soiled, torn, and missing small sections. Copy 6 missing north half.
- - Phillips. Washington 947
- - 6 copies
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map ; 99 x 103 cm.
- Call Number
- G3850 1861 .B6
- G3850 1861 .B6 Copy 2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.