Maps Plan of the city of Washington in the territory of Columbia : ceded by the states of Virginia and Maryland to the United States of America, and by them established as the seat of their government, after the year MDCCC /
District of Columbia
Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)
- Plan of the city of Washington in the territory of Columbia : ceded by the states of Virginia and Maryland to the United States of America, and by them established as the seat of their government, after the year MDCCC /
- Contributor Names
- Ellicott, Andrew, 1754-1820.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia : s.n., 1792]
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--District of Columbia--Georgetown (Washington)
- - Shows block numbers and proposed government buildings.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Also covers Georgetown.
- - Watermark: [crown over fleur-de-lis].
- - Includes text, notes, and coat-of-arms.
- - Copy 1 fold-lined and mounted on cloth backing. Copy 2 soiled, brittle, torn, missing small sections, trimmed, and mounted on cloth backing. Copy 3 has numerous scratch marks, and is believed to be a "late pull" from the original plate.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 52 x 69 cm., on sheet 70 x 80 cm.
- Call Number
- G3850 1792 .E44
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3850 ct003573a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3850.ct003573a
- g3850 ct003573b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3850.ct003573b
- g3850 ct003573c http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3850.ct003573c
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.