Maps Fac-simile of Holmes-map of the province of Pennsylvania : with the names of the original purchasers from William Penn, begun in 1681.
Administrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
Philadelphia Region (Pa.)
- Fac-simile of Holmes-map of the province of Pennsylvania : with the names of the original purchasers from William Penn, begun in 1681.
- Contributor Names
- Holme, Thomas, -1695.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Lloyd P. Smith, 1846.
- Subject Headings
- - Pennsylvania--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Pennsylvania--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Philadelphia Region (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Philadelphia Region (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Region--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Region
- - Shows rural landholders' names and lots in the Philadelphia region.
- - Alternate title at top: A map of the improved part of the province of Pennsylvania in America : begun by William Penn, proprietor and governor thereof, anno 1681.
- - Facsim. "Reproduced from the original in the Philadelphia Library by the anastatic process."
- - Original version: A map of the province of Pennsilvania : containing the three countyes of Chester, Philadelphia, and Bucks as far as yet surveyed ... by way of townships / by Tho. Holme, survey'r gen'l. London : Sold by Rob. Greene ... and by John Thornton, [1687?].
- - Includes inset of "The city of Philadelphia," statement of dedication "By John Thornton & Robert Greene," and coat-of-arms.
- - Ristow. American maps and mapmakers
- - LC copy sectioned, laminated, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 79 x 138 cm.
- Call Number
- G3820 1687 .H6 1846
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3820 ct004138 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ct004138
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.