Maps Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield /
- Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield /
- Contributor Names
- Church, B. S. (Benjamin Silliman), 1836-
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Arlington County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Alexandria (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Military topography--Virginia--Arlington County--Maps
- - Military topography--Virginia--Alexandria--Maps
- - Military topography--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington
- - Shows military camps in Arlington County, Alexandria, and adjoining areas of Fairfax County.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - At head of title: 211, L., sheet 12.
- - In lower right corner: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defenses of Washington, to Engr. Dept.--1866.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 521
- - Stephenson. Cartography of northern Virginia, pl. 43
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., tracing linen ; on sheet 62 x 63 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.A8S5 186- .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.