Maps Carta esferica de la costa del Janeiro, que comprende desde las Yslas de Sta. Ana hasta Punta Joatinga /
Articles and Essays with this item:
J. M. L.
Rio De Janeiro
Atlantic Coast (Brazil)
Early Works to 1800
Rio De Janeiro (State)
- Carta esferica de la costa del Janeiro, que comprende desde las Yslas de Sta. Ana hasta Punta Joatinga /
- Contributor Names
- J. M. L.
- Created / Published
- [ca. 1780]
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--Brazil--Rio de Janeiro (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic Coast (Brazil)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Brazil--Rio de Janeiro (State)
- - Brazil--Atlantic Coast
- - Shows coast of Rio de Janeiro State between 22⁰15ʹS and 23⁰30ʹS.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes indexed relief profile.
- - Printed annotation describing the map mounted on verso.
- - Maggs number annotated in pencil in lower right corner: 30.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 159
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms. ; 32 x 48 cm.
- Call Number
- G5592.C6 1780 .J6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5592c br000100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5592c.br000100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.