Maps Sketch of the march of the British Army under Gen'l Ross from the 19th to the 29th August 1814 : [central Maryland between Benedict and Washington D.C.] /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Bladensburg, Battle Of, Bladensburg, Md.
Capture by the British
District of Columbia
War of 1812
- Sketch of the march of the British Army under Gen'l Ross from the 19th to the 29th August 1814 : [central Maryland between Benedict and Washington D.C.] /
- Contributor Names
- Evans, D., Lt.
- Created / Published
- [London] : Military Depot, Quarter Mas'r Gen'l Office, Horse Guards, 1814
- Subject Headings
- - Maryland--History--War of 1812
- - Bladensburg, Battle of, Bladensburg, Md., 1814
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Capture by the British, 1814
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Maryland--Bladensburg
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Published: Military Depot ... Oct'r 10th 1814.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inset "Sketch of the engagement on the 24th of August 1814 between the British and American forces" [Bladensburg vicinity] with indexed "Reference."
- - DCP
- 1 map : mounted on linen ; 47 x 35 cm.
- Call Number
- G3841.S42 1814 .E9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3841s ct002347 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3841s.ct002347
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.