Maps Real estate map of the Metropolitan Branch of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company between Washington, D.C., and Rockville, Md., and adjacent land holdings : from latest official authorities & actual surveys /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Real estate map of the Metropolitan Branch of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company between Washington, D.C., and Rockville, Md., and adjacent land holdings : from latest official authorities & actual surveys /
- Shows drainage, park lands, streets, roads, railroads, some buildings, and names of property owners. Includes railroad profile.
- Contributor Names
- Fava Naeff & Co.
- Created / Published
- Washington : Francis R. Fava Jr., 1890.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Maryland--Montgomery County--Maps
- - Landowners--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - Landowners--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Maryland--Montgomery County--Maps
- - Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company--Maps
- - Metropolitan Railroad Company (Georgetown, Washington, D.C)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--Maryland--Montgomery County
- - Partial cadastral map showing owners' names and acreages of larger landholdings in districts adjacent to the B&O R.R. in Washington D.C. and Montgomery County (Md.).
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1890 by Francis R. Fava Jr. ... at Washington."
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - LC Railroad maps, 461
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes and "Profile of the Metropolitan Branch B. & O.R.R. ... showing distances from Washington D.C. and elevations."
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing and annotated in ink: With the compliments of Francis R. Fava Jr. C.E., January 1892.
- - LC copy stamped on verso "Gilbert Thompson."
- - DCP
- 1 map on 4 sheets : col. ; 45 x 148 cm., sheets 55 x 39 cm. and 55 x 40 cm.
- Call Number
- G3851.G46 1890 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3851g rr004610 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3851g.rr004610
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.