Maps Carta esférica de la parte meridional de la ysla de Cuba /
Rio, José Del
- Carta esférica de la parte meridional de la ysla de Cuba /
- Contributor Names
- Rio, José del.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--Cuba
- - Cuba
- - Manuscript maps
- - Shows southern coast of Cuba from Cabo de San Antonio to Cabo Cruz.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Prime meridian: Cádiz.
- - Watermark: J. Honig & Zoonen.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 295
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Printed label describing the map mounted on verso.
- - Annotated in brown ink in upper left corner: El Alferez de Fragata y 1er piloto Dn. Manuel Guirez de Torres la embio de oficio en 27 de agosto de 1811 desde la Havana. Rafael, maestre.
- - Maggs number annotated in pencil in lower right corner: 39.
- - Includes note.
- 1 map : ms. ; 45 x 60 cm.
- Call Number
- G4922.C6 1804 .R5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4922c lh000295 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4922c.lh000295
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.