Maps Plan of the city intended for the permanent seat of the government of t[he] United States : projected agreeable to the direction of the President of the United States, in pursuance of an act of Congress, passed on the sixteenth day of July, MDCCXC, "establishing the permanent seat on the bank of the Potowmac" /
- Plan of the city intended for the permanent seat of the government of t[he] United States : projected agreeable to the direction of the President of the United States, in pursuance of an act of Congress, passed on the sixteenth day of July, MDCCXC, "establishing the permanent seat on the bank of the Potowmac" /
- Contributor Names
- L'Enfant, Pierre Charles, 1754-1825.
- Schinkel, William E.
- Stephenson, Richard W., 1930-
- Ehrenberg, Ralph E., 1937-
- Cosentino, Andrew J.
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- Library of Congress.
- National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 1991.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Title in left lower margin: Full-color facsimile of Pierre Charles L'Enfant's 1791 manuscript plan for the city of Washington.
- - Full color facsim. of the earliest extant plan of Washington D.C. (The L'Enfant Plan). Computer graphics, United States Geological Survey, William E. Schinkel ... [et al.] ; map editing, Library of Congress, Richard W. Stephenson, with the assistance of Ralph E. Ehrenberg and Andrew J. Cosentino.
- - Original version: .
- - Published with the support of the National Geographic Society.
- - Accompanied by text: L'Enfant's 1791 manuscript plan of the city of Washington : facsimile and computer-assisted reproduction. 6 p. Also accompanied by computer-assisted reproduction of the original. 1 map ; 74 x 104 cm.
- - Includes text, notes, and index of "References."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : col. ; 74 x 104 cm.
- Call Number
- G3850 1791 .L4 1991
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3850 ct001333 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3850.ct001333
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.