Map of n. eastern Virginia and vicinity of Washington /
United States. Corps of Topographical Engineers
Washington Metropolitan Area
District of Columbia
Washington Metropolitan Area
- Map of n. eastern Virginia and vicinity of Washington /
- Contributor Names
- United States. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Created Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1862]
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Fortification--Virginia
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Washington Metropolitan Area--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Fortification--Washington (D.C.)
- - Fortification--Washington Metropolitan Area
- - Virginia
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - Washington Metropolitan Area
- - United States--Virginia.
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington.
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Metropolitan Area.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows forts and batteries in the District of Columbia and immediate vicinity. Also shows "Battle field at Bull Run fought July 21st 1861."
- - At head of title: Surveys for military defences.
- - "Additions & corrections for Rappahannock and Rapid Ann Rivers and their vicinity ..." added to data used in compilation.
- - Mounted on cloth backing. DLC
- - Includes "Data used in compilation," table of "Elevations above tide water," and "Geological profile of Loudoun County."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 469
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map On 2 Sheets ; 83 X 128 Cm., Sheets 83 X 64 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3881.S5 1862 .U53
- G3881.S5 1862 .U53 Vault : CW 469 Copy 2 Lacks eastern half of map.
- G3881.S5 1862 .U53 Vault Oversize : CW 469 Copy 3 Annotated in ink. Map extends South to Fredericksburg. Gift of Alan Voorhees.
- G3881.S5 1862 .U53 Vault : CW 469 Copy 4 Lacks western half and southeastern portion of map. Gift of Geo. B. McClellan, dec.d, July 31, 1963. Signed on back: Capt. Arthur McClellan, A.D.C.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3881s cw1009000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3881s.cw1009000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.