Maps Chart of Orchard Shoal, Lower Bay, New-York /
Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas)
Craven, Tunis A. M.
United States Coast Survey
Wadsworth, A. S.
Old Orchard Shoal
New York (State)
Old Orchard Shoal
Old Orchard Shoal (N.Y.)
- Chart of Orchard Shoal, Lower Bay, New-York /
- Contributor Names
- Balbach, Arthur.
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- Craven, Tunis A. M., 1813-1864.
- Wadsworth, A. S.
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--New York (State)--Old Orchard Shoal
- - Old Orchard Shoal (N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New York (State)--Old Orchard Shoal
- - Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - India and col. inks.
- - Originally drawn on 2 sheets.
- - Rubber-stamped, labels affixed to recto, titles added in margins in red crayon by later hand.
- - Includes notes.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map on 3 sheets : ms., col., cloth backing ; 88 x 113 cm., sheets 99 x 45 cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.O27P5 1858 .B3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802o ct004116 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802o.ct004116
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.