Film, Video Dance, Franchonetti Sisters /
- Dance, Franchonetti Sisters /
- Other Title
- Dance, Franchenette Sisters
- Three young women with dark, curly hair stand on a stage with a black background and patterned carpet or tile underfoot. They wear tights, ballet shoes, and frilly dresses to the knee with multiple petticoats and ruffled drawers. They begin by raising their right legs up by their heads, and then perform a dance with a variety of kicks and leg movements, their hands either in the air or pulling up their skirts. The sisters also grab their right legs again and hop in a circle, then do cartwheels and land on the floor in the splits. Jumping back to their feet, the women twirl in circles and around each other in circles in what appears to be a type of pirouette, while holding up their skirts and showing their bloomers in a manner similar to the cancan.
- "The French quadrille dance by a popular team of vaudeville artists"--Biograph picture catalogue.
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - Franchonetti Sisters
- - Quadrille (Dance)--United States
- - Dancing--United States
- - H30723 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 24Apr1903; H30723.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Performers: Franchonetti Sisters.
- - Duration: 0:23 at 16 fps.
- - Biograph production no. 217.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0362) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Filmed in the Biograph New York City studio, probably in April,1897.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 72-73; AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 244; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902 [MI], p. 56; Biograph production logs.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (8 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (8 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 25 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 25 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 3376 (viewing print)
- FEC 2267 (viewing print)
- FRA 0678 (dupe neg pic)
- FPD 3847 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0177D (paper pos)
- Box 5548E (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- varsmp 0362 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/varsmp.0362
- Library of Congress Catalog Number