Film, Video Steam whistle, Westinghouse works /
Westinghouse Electric & Manufacturing Company
- Steam whistle, Westinghouse works /
- Other Title
- westinghouse works.
- westinghouse works--paper print collection. compilation reel 1
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Westinghouse Electric & Manufacturing Company
- - Steam-whistles
- - Silent films
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 13May1904; H45952.
- - Original main title lacking. DLC
- - Camera, G.W. "Billy" Bitzer.
- - Duration: 0:38 at 16 fps.
- - For other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff. DLC
- - A closeup of the steam whistle blowing at the "Westinghouse works" complex of factories in Pennsylvania, probably at the Westinghouse Electric & Manufacturing Co.
- - Biograph catalog no. 2898; code name (for telegraphic orders) Resuscito.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - NCN045695; Steam whistle, Westinghouse Works. DLC
- - Filmed May 3, 1904, in East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995; Biograph photo catalog, v. 6 [MI]; Biograph Co. prod. records [MI].
- - Received: 10/26/92 from LC film lab; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 6/22/92 from LC film lab; dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 5/13/04; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (38 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (38 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (38 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- FEC 1519 (ref print)
- FPE 6849 (dupe neg)
- LC 2207 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- westhpp 2207 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/westhpp.2207
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.