Maps Map of a journey to Musardu, the capital of the Western Mandingoes /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Anderson, Benjamin J. K.
Saint Paul River Region
Discovery and Exploration
Saint Paul River Region
Saint Paul River Region (Liberia)
- Map of a journey to Musardu, the capital of the Western Mandingoes /
- Contributor Names
- Anderson, Benjamin J. K., 1834-
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1869?]
- Subject Headings
- - Saint Paul River Region (Liberia)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - Liberia--Saint Paul River Region
- - Shows Anderson's route from Monrovia to Musardu west of the Saint Paul River.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Annotated in pencil with notes about elevation and the St. Paul River settlements.
- - Gift; 1968; American Colonization Society;
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map ; 37 x 32 cm.
- Call Number
- G8882.S3S12 1869 .A61 MLC
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g8882s lm000004 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g8882s.lm000004
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.