Maps The Centennial--balloon view of the grounds : [Centennial Exhibition at Philadelphia, 1876] /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Davis, Theodore R.
Harper & Brothers
R. Newell & Sons
Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia)
Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- The Centennial--balloon view of the grounds : [Centennial Exhibition at Philadelphia, 1876] /
- Other Title
- Guide to the Centennial.
- Bird's-eye view of the Centennial grounds
- Contributor Names
- Harper & Brothers.
- Davis, Theodore R.
- R. Newell & Sons.
- Created / Published
- New York : Harper & Brothers, 1876.
- Subject Headings
- - Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia, Pa.)--Aerial views
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia)
- - Bird's-eye view of fairgrounds.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower left.
- - In upper margin: Supplement to Harper's weekly, September 30, 1876.
- - Originally catalogued in book collection under LC classification: T825.A2G8.
- - Title panel on verso of cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy somewhat soiled esp. in margins, worn along fold lines, missing 2nd part (?) of title panel.
- 1 view : mounted on linen backing ; 51 x 78 cm., folded to 20 x 12 cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.P5:2P35A3 1876 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.