Maps Gvinea propia, nec non Nigritiæ vel Terræ Nigrorvm maxima pars : geographis hodiernis dicta utraq[ue] Æthiopia inferior, & hujus quidem pars australis /
Homann Erben (Firm)
- Gvinea propia, nec non Nigritiæ vel Terræ Nigrorvm maxima pars : geographis hodiernis dicta utraq[ue] Æthiopia inferior, & hujus quidem pars australis /
- Other Title
- Gvinee de meme que la plus grande partie du Pais des Negres
- Guinea propia, nec non Nigritiæ vel Terræ Nigrovrm maxima pars
- Guinee de meme que la plus grande partie du Pais des Negres
- gvinee de meme que la plus grande partie du pais des negres
- guinea propia, nec non nigritiæ vel terræ nigrovrm maxima pars
- guinee de meme que la plus grande partie du pais des negres
- Contributor Names
- Homann Erben (Firm)
- Created / Published
- Norimb[ergæ] : Homannianorum Heredum, 1743.
- Subject Headings
- - Africa, West
- - Covers West Africa from Gabon in the south to Niger, Mali, and Mauritania in the north.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: Ferro.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes indexed ill. depicting the dress, dwellings, and work of native Africans.
- - Item 59 in LC G&M Leo Belgicus exhibit, Nov. 1993 to May 1994.
- - Three copies. Copy 1 has land areas colored green and yellow and border colored pink. Copy 2 has land areas colored pink and yellow, border colored yellow, and title/upper margin area colored pink; and "10" annotated in upper right corner. Copy 3 has land areas colored pink and yellow and border colored green; and "9" annotated in upper right corner.
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 45 x 54 cm.
- Call Number
- G8735 1743 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g8735 ct000313 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g8735.ct000313
- g8735 ct002085 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g8735.ct002085
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.