Maps A chart of the coast of America : from New York and Philadelphia to the Strait or Gulf of Florida, and from thence to the Mississippi /
J.W. Norie & Co.
Norie, J. W.
Norie, J. W. (John William)
Atlantic Coast (U.S.)
Gulf Coast (U.S.)
- A chart of the coast of America : from New York and Philadelphia to the Strait or Gulf of Florida, and from thence to the Mississippi /
- Contributor Names
- Norie, J. W. (John William), 1772-1843.
- J.W. Norie & Co.
- Created / Published
- London : J.W. Norie & Co., 1837.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--United States
- - Nautical charts--Atlantic Coast (U.S.)
- - Nautical charts--Gulf Coast (U.S.)
- - Coasts--United States--Maps
- - Atlantic Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - Gulf Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - United States
- - United States--Atlantic Coast
- - United States--Gulf Coast
- - Nautical chart.
- - Relief shown by hachures in selected areas. Depths shown by soundings.
- - In lower margin of each of the original sheets: A New Edition. London, Published as the Act directs, March 1st 1837, by J.W. Norie & Co., at the Navigation Warehouse, no. 157 Leadenhall Street.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Hand col. in red and yellow to show lights and lighthouses.
- - Originally printed on 5 sheets which have been trimmed and assembled on paper backing to form a single long rolled sheet.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes numerous notes, 12 enlargement insets, and 5 panoramic views of selected portions of the coastline.
- - LC copy stained, lightly soiled, torn at edges, taped on verso, mounted on paper backing.
- - LC copy has handwritten filing label affixed to paper backing: North America from New York to the Gulf of Florida and Missippi.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 96-29
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 75 x 269 cm.
- Call Number
- G3702.C6P5 1837 .N6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.