Maps Map of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon & north California in the years 1843-44 /
Abert, John James
Frémont, John Charles
1844 to 1845
Discovery and Exploration
- Map of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon & north California in the years 1843-44 /
- Contributor Names
- Frémont, John Charles, 1813-1890.
- Abert, John James, 1788-1863.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1845?]
- Subject Headings
- - West (U.S.)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - State 2: Does not include notes or Great Basin statement. Shows place name South Park below Bayou Salade; some place names differ from other states.
- - LC Trails, no. 223
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Exhibition: Exhibited: Rivers, edens, empires: Lewis & Clark and the revealing of America, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., July 24-Nov. 29, 2003.
- - Includes "Profile of the route from the mouth of the Kansas to the Pacific by Capt. J.C. Fremont in 1843."
- - LC copy annotated in black ink on verso: Fremont's exploration of Rocky Mountains ... 1843-4. Millard Fillmore. no. 139.
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col., sectioned and mounted on cloth ; 76 x 128 cm.
- Call Number
- G4051.S12 1844 .F7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4051s ct001204 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4051s.ct001204
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.