Maps Map of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon & north California in the years 1843-44 /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Abert, John James
Edward Weber & Co.
Frémont, John Charles
United States. Congress. Senate
1844 to 1845
Discovery and Exploration
- Map of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon & north California in the years 1843-44 /
- Contributor Names
- Frémont, John Charles, 1813-1890.
- Abert, John James, 1788-1863.
- Edward Weber & Co.
- United States. Congress. Senate.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : U.S. Senate, 1845]
- Subject Headings
- - West (U.S.)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - State 3: Includes notes, Great Basin statement, and place name South Park below Bayou Salade; some place names differ from other states.
- - "Published in Report of the exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon and north California in the years 1843-44. By Brevet Captain J. C. Fremont ... Printed by order of the Senate of the United States. Washington ... 1845 (28th Cong., 2nd Sess., Sen. Ex. Doc. 174, Serial 461)."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes "Profile of the route from the mouth of the Kansas to the Pacific by Capt. J.C. Fremont in 1843."
- - LC Trails, no. 223
- - Vault
- - 3 copies. Copy 2 has 39A stamped in lower left corner
- 1 map : hand col. ; 76 x 130 cm.
- Call Number
- G4051.S12 1844 .F72
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4051s ct000909 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4051s.ct000909
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.