Maps Panorama of the seat of war. Birds eye view of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia /
Middle Atlantic States
Middle Atlantic States
- Panorama of the seat of war. Birds eye view of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia /
- Other Title
- Birds eye view of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia
- Contributor Names
- Bachmann, John.
- Created / Published
- New York : John Bachmann, Publisher ; Balto. [i.e. Baltimore] : Jas. S. Waters [distributor, 1861]
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Aerial views
- - Middle Atlantic States--Aerial views
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Aerial views
- - Virginia--Aerial views
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--Virginia
- - Shows various Civil War fortifications (battle sites noted by crossed swords) and smoke over Manassas (Bull Run) vicinity.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1861 by John Bachmann ... Southern District of New York."
- - Includes distance lists in lower margin.
- - LC copy brittle, torn at fold-line, taped.
- - CW3
- - PM3
- 1 view : col. ; 47 x 72 cm.
- Call Number
- G3791.S5 1861 .B3 MLC
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.