Maps Novi Belgii Novæque Angliæ : nec non partis Virginiæ tabula multis in locis emendata /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Middle Atlantic States
New York City
Middle Atlantic States
New York (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Novi Belgii Novæque Angliæ : nec non partis Virginiæ tabula multis in locis emendata /
- Contributor Names
- Visscher, Nicolaes, 1649-1702.
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam?, 1685]
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - New England--Maps
- - New York (N.Y.)--Aerial views
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--New England
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - Stokes, Iconography, p. 147 (vol. 1), lists dates as 1651-55.
- - See Map collectors circle, #24.
- - Phillips, 465
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes view "Nieuw Amsterdam op t eylant Manhattans."
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 46 x 55 cm.
- Call Number
- G3715 169- .V5 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3715 ct000001 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3715.ct000001
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.