Maps Plan of the city intended for the permanent seat of the government of t[he] United States : projected agreeable to the direction of the President of the United States, in pursuance of an act of Congress, passed on the sixteenth day of July, MDCCXC, "establishing the permanent seat on the bank of the Potowmac" /
Articles and Essays with this item:
L'Enfant, Pierre Charles
District of Columbia
- Plan of the city intended for the permanent seat of the government of t[he] United States : projected agreeable to the direction of the President of the United States, in pursuance of an act of Congress, passed on the sixteenth day of July, MDCCXC, "establishing the permanent seat on the bank of the Potowmac" /
- Other Title
- Computer-assisted reproduction of Pierre Charles L'Enfant's 1791 manuscript plan for the city of Washington.
- L'Enfant's 1791 manuscript plan of the city of Washington.
- computer-assisted reproduction of pierre charles l'enfant's 1791 manuscript plan for the city of washington.
- l'enfant's 1791 manuscript plan of the city of washington.
- Contributor Names
- L'Enfant, Pierre Charles, 1754-1825.
- Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 1991.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - In lower margin at left: Computer-assisted reproduction of Pierre Charles L'Enfant's 1791 manuscript plan for the city of Washington, produced by the U.S. Geological Survey for the Library of Congress.
- - Facsimile.
- - Original version: .
- - "Published by the Library of Congress in 1991 with support from the National Geographic Society, the U.S. Geological Survey, and the National Park Service."
- - Margins printed in beige tint.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text, notes, and index of "References."
- 1 map ; 74 x 103 cm., folded to 20 x 28 cm.
- Call Number
- G3850 1791 .L41 1991
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3850 ct000091 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3850.ct000091
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.