Maps [Plat of a survey for William Hughes, Jr. of 460 acres in Frederick County, Va. on the Cacapon River].
Early Works to 1800
Hampshire County (W. Va.)
Morgan County (W. Va.)
- [Plat of a survey for William Hughes, Jr. of 460 acres in Frederick County, Va. on the Cacapon River].
- Contributor Names
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--West Virginia--Hampshire County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--West Virginia--Morgan County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Hampshire County (W. Va.)--Surveys--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Morgan County (W. Va.)--Surveys--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--West Virginia--Hampshire County
- - United States--West Virginia--Morgan County
- - Title from Lawrence Martin's The George Washington Atlas. 1932.
- - Survey plot is located either in Hampshire County or Morgan County, W. Va.
- - Handwritten on verso: William Hughes Junr., plat for 460 acres, 1753, deed drawn.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Mounted on linen covered cardboard.
- - Accompanied by handwritten surveying notes of April 4, 1750, signed by George Washington.
- - Martin. George Washington atlas, 14a
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 83-36
- 1 map : ms. ; 18 x 16 cm., on sheet 31 x 26 cm.
- Call Number
- G3893.H2G46 1750 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.