Maps Map of the neighbourhood of Richmond and Petersburg, Virginia.
Cooke, A. C.
Petersburg Region (Va.)
Richmond Region (Va.)
- Map of the neighbourhood of Richmond and Petersburg, Virginia.
- Contributor Names
- Cooke, A. C.
- James, H., 1803-1877.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1864]
- Subject Headings
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Petersburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg Region
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows confederate and federal positions as of December, 1864.
- - Annotated in ink on verso: Richmond, defences of &c., 1864.
- - "Lithographed at the Topographical Depot of the War Office under the Superintendence of Major A.C. Cooke, R.E., Colonel Sir Henry James, R.E.: F.R.S.: &c. Director, 1864".
- - "This map is principally compiled from the copy of a plan found on the dead body of a Confederate General, the reconnaissance made by Gen. McClellan's Staff when he advanced up the York Town Peninsula, and a map published at the American Coast Survey Office".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy stamped with Royal Engineer Library insignia.
- - Acquisitions control no. 97-30.
- - CW3
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on cloth ; 93 x 61 cm.
- Call Number
- G3884.R5S5 1864 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.