Film, Video 71st Regiment, Camp Wyckoff /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Montauk Point (N.Y.)
New York (State)
Spanish American War
- 71st Regiment, Camp Wyckoff /
- Other Title
- Seventy-first Regiment, Camp Wyckoff
- 71st Regiment, N.G.S.N.Y., at Camp Wikoff
- Seventy-first Regiment, N.G., S.N.Y.
- Seventy-first Regiment, N.Y.V. at Camp Wikoff
- seventy-first regiment, camp wyckoff
- 71st regiment, n.g.s.n.y., at camp wikoff
- seventy-first regiment, n.g., s.n.y.
- seventy-first regiment, n.y.v. at camp wikoff
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, .
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State).--Militia.--Regiment, 71st
- - Military camps--New York (State)--Montauk Point
- - Soldiers--New York (State)--Montauk Point
- - Montauk Point (N.Y.)--History, Military--19th century
- - Spanish-American War, 1898
- - United States.--Army--History--Spanish-American War, 1898
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 16Apr1902; H16645.
- - Original main title lacking. DLC
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Camera, F.S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 0:50 at 18 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the print chosen best copy for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff. DLC
- - From the Biograph picture catalogue: 55 feet. Of the thousand and more men who left New York for the Cuban Campaign, scarcely three hundred were able to shoulder their rifles to march before the Biograph camera at Camp Wikoff. The picture shows many of the companies reduced to seven or eight men, and the whole regiment, rank and file is in a sad condition. The picture is remarkably fine in every respect.
- - Biograph catalog no. 774; code name (for telegraphic orders) Enneapyle.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Filmed ca. Sept. 1898 in Camp Wikoff at Montauk Point, Long Island.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 170 [MI]; Biograph bulletins 1896-1908. 1971, p. 66.
- - Received: ca. 1962; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 12/27/62; dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 4/16/02; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 29 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 29 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- FLA 4868 (ref print)
- FRA 1875 (dupe neg)
- LC 1854 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- sawmp 1854 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/sawmp.1854
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.