Film, Video President Roosevelt and the Rough Riders /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- President Roosevelt and the Rough Riders /
- Other Title
- Col. Theodore Roosevelt and officers of his staff
- Col. Theodore Roosevelt and staff
- col. theodore roosevelt and officers of his staff
- col. theodore roosevelt and staff
- From the Biograph picture catalogue: 29 feet. This picture shows Col. Roosevelt, accompanied by Lieut. Greenway and other prominent officers of the Rough Riders, galloping up to his headquarters, where he dismounts and walks into his tent. This view was taken in the camp with the Rough Riders, and is an excellent picture of Col. Roosevelt in the environment he loves so well.
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - United States.--Army.--Volunteer Cavalry, 1st
- - Greenway, John Campbell,--1872-1926
- - Military camps--New York (State)--Montauk Point
- - Montauk Point (N.Y.)--History, Military--19th century
- - Spanish-American War, 1898
- - United States.--Army--Officers
- - United States.--Army--History--Spanish-American War, 1898
- - Horses
- - H27385 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 22Jan1903; H27385.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Duration: 0:28 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff.
- - Biograph catalog no. 771; code name (for telegraphic orders) Zumometer.
- - MAVIS 48448; President Roosevelt and the Rough Riders.
- - Filmed ca. Sept. 1898 in Camp Wikoff at Montauk Point, Long Island.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 107 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 7/18/97 from LC film lab; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 6/19/97 from LC film lab; dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1/22/03; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 37 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 37 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (ca. 37 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- FEC 2878 (ref print)
- FPE 9297 (dupe neg)
- LC 469b (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- sawmp 0469 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/sawmp.0469
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.