Film, Video An historic feat /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- An historic feat /
- Other Title
- Gen. Bell's pack train swimming Agno River
- Bell's pack train swimming Agno River
- gen. bell's pack train swimming agno river
- bell's pack train swimming agno river
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 
- Subject Headings
- - Mules--Philippines--Agno River
- - Animals--War use
- - Fords (Stream crossings)--Philippines--Agno River
- - Pack animals (Transportation)--Philippines
- - Transportation, Military--Philippines
- - Agno River (Philippines)
- - Philippines--History--Philippine American War, 1899-1902
- - Bell, James Franklin,--1856-1919--Military leadership
- - United States.--Army--History
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 18Apr1902; H16738.
- - Original main title lacking. DLC
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Camera, Raymond Ackerman.
- - Duration: 0:50 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the print chosen best copy for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff. DLC
- - From the Biograph picture catalogue: 54 feet. Gen. Franklin Bell's famous mule pack train swimming the Agno River in Northern Luzon. This is one of the most notable incidents of the Philippine War. The picture has made a decided sensation wherever it has been shown.
- - Biograph catalog no. 1455; code name (for telegraphic orders) Gaensewein.
- - MAVIS 1836895; An historic feat. DLC
- - Filmed Feb. 5, 1900, on the Agno River in the Philippine Islands.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 181 [MI]; Biograph bulletins 1896-1908. 1971, p. 66.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: ca. 1962; viewing print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1962-12-27; dupe neg pic; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1902-04-18; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 roll (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- FLA 3865 (viewing print)
- FRA 1077 (dupe neg pic)
- LC 851 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- sawmp 0851 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/sawmp.0851
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.