Governor Roosevelt and staff /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Governor Roosevelt and staff /
- Translated Title
- Col. Theodore Roosevelt and staff escorted by Troop "A" of New York
- President Roosevelt and staff
- Created Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919.
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Veterans.
- - Parades--New York (State)--New York.
- - United States.--Army.--Cavalry.
- - Horses.
- - Dewey, George,--1837-1917--Anniversaries, etc.
- - Naval ceremonies, honors, and salutes--New York (State)--New York.
- - General Grant National Memorial (New York, N.Y.)
- - New York (N.Y.)--History, Military--19th century.
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 21May1902; H17968.
- - Original main title lacking. DLC
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Camera, F.S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 0:53 at 18 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the print chosen best copy for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff. DLC
- - From the Biograph picture catalogue: 65 feet. Taken during the land parade in honor of Admiral Dewey, just before the turn into 72nd Street, with Grant's tomb and decorated residences in the background. This entire series of pictures [of the Dewey land parade] has a very high photographic quality, and the various organizations appear at their best.
- - Biograph catalog no. 1244; code name (for telegraphic orders) Futurition.
- - Filmed Sept. 30, 1899, at the Dewey homecoming land parade in New York City.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 177 [MI]; Biograph Co. prod. records [MI]; Biograph bulletins 1896-1908. 1971, p. 65.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: ca. 1962; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 12/27/62; dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 5/21/02; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 Reel of 1 (Ca. 28 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 16 Mm. Ref Print.
- 1 Reel of 1 (Ca. 28 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 16 Mm. Dupe Neg.
- 1 Roll (Ca. 60 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 35 Mm. Paper Pos.
- Call Number
- FLA 3800 (ref print)
- FRA 1036 (dupe neg)
- LC 786 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- sawmp 0786 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/sawmp.0786
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
The Spanish American War in Motion Pictures
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division