Phelps & Watson's historical and military map of the border & southern states.
Phelps & Watson
- Phelps & Watson's historical and military map of the border & southern states.
- Contributor Names
- Phelps & Watson.
- Created Published
- New York : Phelps & Watson, 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--Southern States.
- - Shows locations of battles and skirmishes, 1861 to May (?) 1864, with red dots or by red underlining of place names. Also shows population statistics for each state; statistics positioned near blue dots.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1862 by Phelps & Watson ..."
- - Prime meridian: Washington.
- - Accompanied by text: Brief description of battles and skirmishes of the war. 35 p. ; 16 cm.
- - Includes inset of southern Florida and chronologically arranged list of "Battles of the war" from 1861 to May 1864.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Stamped on verso: Price 50 cts. for the benefit of a one armed soldier. DLC
- - LC copy imperfect: Tears and missing small sections along edges, holes and tears along fold lines, brittleness, and separation of front cover and accompanying text from map.
- - LC copy annotated in pencil near stamped area on verso.
- 1 Map : Hand Col. ; 60 X 88 Cm., Folded in Cover 18 X 12 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3861.S5 1864 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3861s cw1029000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3861s.cw1029000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.