Maps Map of the River Sabine from its mouth on the Gulf of Mexico in the sea to Logan's Ferry in latitude 31°58ʹ24ʺ north : shewing the boundary between the United States and the Republic of Texas between said points : as marked and laid down by survey in 1840, under the direction of the Commissioners appointed for that purpose /
Graham, J. D. (James Duncan)
Lee, Thomas Jefferson
United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers
Sabine River (Tex. and La.)
- Map of the River Sabine from its mouth on the Gulf of Mexico in the sea to Logan's Ferry in latitude 31°58ʹ24ʺ north : shewing the boundary between the United States and the Republic of Texas between said points : as marked and laid down by survey in 1840, under the direction of the Commissioners appointed for that purpose /
- Contributor Names
- Lee, Thomas Jefferson, 1808-1891.
- Graham, J. D. (James Duncan), 1799-1865.
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Topographical Engineers, 1840.
- Subject Headings
- - Sabine River (Tex. and La.)--Maps
- - Texas--Boundaries--United States--Maps
- - United States--Boundaries--Texas--Maps
- - United States--Texas--Sabine River
- - Phillips, 1384
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy in 3 parts.
- - [See Sen. Doc. 199 2nd Session, 27th Congr. LC Vo. 397 for text and smaller maps]
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - For another copy and for neg. photostat, see Vault, Congress Collection, no. 104
- 1 map : hand col. ; 426 x 74 cm.
- Call Number
- G4032.S15 1840 .L4
- G4032.S15 1840 .L4 Copy 2 Vault : U.S. Cong. 104 Sectioned in 9 parts, mounted on cloth. Losses along the fold lines and edges.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4032s ct002351 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4032s.ct002351
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.