Maps Indian territory: compiled from the official records of the records of the General Land Office and other sources under supervision of Geo. U. Mayo.
Mayo, George U.
Administrative and Political Divisions
Indians of North America
- Indian territory: compiled from the official records of the records of the General Land Office and other sources under supervision of Geo. U. Mayo.
- This map contains extensive cultural detail relating to the reservations composing Indian Territory. It has also been annotated to illustrate the boundaries of the formation of Oklahoma Territory within the Indian Territory.
- Contributor Names
- Mayo, George U.
- Harrison, Benjamin, 1833-1901.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], 1887.
- Subject Headings
- - Indians of North America--Oklahoma--Maps
- - Oklahoma--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Oklahoma
- - From the papers of President Benjamin Harrison.
- - LC Many nations, 201
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 050 changed from: G4050 1887 .U Vault
- 1 map : col. ; 61 x 82 cm.
- Call Number
- G4021.E1 1887 .I5 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.