Maps Map of the discovery of the ...
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Map of the discovery of the ...
- Other Title
- Map of the discovery of the East Coast of the United States.
- Map showing the progress of discovery of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Map showing the progress of discovery of the West coast of the U.S. and Vancouver Island.
- Contributor Names
- Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg), 1808-1878.
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], [1856-1857].
- Subject Headings
- - Atlantic States--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - Gulf States--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - Pacific States--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - Vancouver Island (B.C.)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - United States--Atlantic States
- - United States--Gulf States
- - United States--Pacific States
- - Canada--British Columbia--Vancouver Island
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- 3 maps : col. ; 120 x 67 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3709.31.S12 1856 .K6 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g370931s np00001a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g370931s.np00001a
- g370931s np00001b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g370931s.np00001b
- g370931s np00001c http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g370931s.np00001c
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division