Maps [Lewis and Clark map, with annotations in brown ink by Meriwether Lewis, tracing showing the Mississippi, the Missouri for a short distance above Kansas, Lakes Michigan, Superior, and Winnipeg, and the country onwards to the Pacific].
Lewis and Clark Expedition
- [Lewis and Clark map, with annotations in brown ink by Meriwether Lewis, tracing showing the Mississippi, the Missouri for a short distance above Kansas, Lakes Michigan, Superior, and Winnipeg, and the country onwards to the Pacific].
- Contributor Names
- King, N. 1771-1812. (Nicholas),
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Lewis and Clark Expedition--(1804-1806)
- - Northwestern States
- - United States--Northwestern States
- - Pen and ink.
- - Author information provided by Prof. Donald Jackson, 1/12/1977.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - See also: pp. 97-103 of Allen's Passage through the garden (F592.7.A48 G&M RR)
- - See also: Geographical review, vol. 1, p. 220, May 1916.
- - LC Annual report, 1925, p. 85.
- - See also: Wheat. Mapping the transmississippi West, no. 239.
- - American Treasures Exhibit, 1997.
- 1 map ms. ; 51 x 77 cm.
- Call Number
- G4126.S12 1803 .K5 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g4126s ct000071 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4126s.ct000071
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase
Discovery and Exploration
Geography and Map Division