Map of the canals & rail roads of the United States, reduced from the large map of the U.S.; engraved by J. Knight.
Tanner, Henry Schenck
- Map of the canals & rail roads of the United States, reduced from the large map of the U.S.; engraved by J. Knight.
- Contributor Names
- Tanner, Henry Schenck,
- Created Published
- New York, 1840, c1830.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States
- - United States.
- - Scale ca. 1:6,500,000.
- - Entered according to act of Congress, the 16th day of June 1830.
- - LC Railroad maps, 7
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - General map of the eastern United States showing drainage, state boundaries, and place names. Railroads are annotated in brown, canals in blue.
- - Includes cross sections of 4 canals.
- - Inset: South part of Florida. 10 x 8 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 45 X 60 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1830 .T31
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr000070 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr000070
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division