Maps Complete railway map designed and engraved from the original maps, charts and schedules furnished by railway engineers, agents &c to accompany the American Railway Guide.
- Complete railway map designed and engraved from the original maps, charts and schedules furnished by railway engineers, agents &c to accompany the American Railway Guide.
- To the right of the map is an advertisment stating "American Railway Guide for the United States. Published Monthly."
- Contributor Names
- Dinsmore, Curran.
- Created / Published
- New York, [185-]
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale [ca. 1:7,000,000].
- - Inset: Railway map of New England, together with sections of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania on an enlarged scale. 23 x 23 cm.
- - LC Railroad maps, 10
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Another edition, 184-, lacks title and advertisement.
- - Additional edition, from American Railway Guide, and Pocket Companion, for the United States. Charles Cobb, compiler, 1850. To the left of the title is a small view engraved by "Nowland," which shows the offices of the "American Railway Guide" and "New York Pathfinder."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 36 x 42 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 185- .D5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr000100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr000100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.