Map of the central portion of the United States showing the lines of the proposed Pacific railroads.
Union Pacific Railroad Company
- Map of the central portion of the United States showing the lines of the proposed Pacific railroads.
- Created Published
- [New York, 185?]
- Subject Headings
- - Union Pacific Railroad Company
- - Railroads--United States
- - United States.
- - Scale ca. 1:6,500,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 15
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Strip map of the United States between 36 degrees and 47 degrees north latitude. Shows drainage, relief by hachures, state boundaries, place names, and some trails in the western half of the map. Indicates the proposed lines for the western, central, and eastern divisions of the Union Pacific Railroad.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Map 19 X 77 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 185- .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr000150 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr000150
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division