Maps United States railway map, showing all the railways completed in progress and proposed in the United States & Canadas with their stations, distances & connections together with a map of routes for a Pacific railway carefully compiled from government surveys.
Middleton, Wallace & Co.
- United States railway map, showing all the railways completed in progress and proposed in the United States & Canadas with their stations, distances & connections together with a map of routes for a Pacific railway carefully compiled from government surveys.
- Map of the eastern United States within decorative borders showing drainage, cities and towns, state boundaries, and the railroad network with named lines and state of construction.
- Contributor Names
- Middleton, Wallace & Co.
- Created / Published
- Cincinatti, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,500,000.
- - Inset: Map of routes for a Pacific Rail-Road.... 45 x 51 cm.
- - LC Railroad maps, 31
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 163 x 184 cm. on 12 sheets 43 x 63 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1856 .M5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr000310 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr000310
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.