Tunis new colored rail road map of the United States & Canadas; revised and corrected every month.
Tunis, W. E.
- Tunis new colored rail road map of the United States & Canadas; revised and corrected every month.
- Contributor Names
- Tunis, W. E.
- Created Published
- [N.P., 1859]
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States
- - United States.
- - Scale ca. 1:5,000,000.
- - Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1859.
- - From Tunis' International Rail Road Guide 
- - LC Railroad maps, 40
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Map of the eastern United States to about the 96th Meridian. Lower right corner of map has "table showing the length of rail roads, and the page on which their time tables may be found in the guide." "The continious red lines represent rail roads completed. The dotted red lines represent roads projected."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 41 X 51 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1859 .T8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr000400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr000400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division