Colton's railroad & commercial map of the United States and Canada; compiled, engraved and published by G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 1871.
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Colton's railroad & commercial map of the United States and Canada; compiled, engraved and published by G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 1871.
- Contributor Names
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Created Published
- New York, 1871.
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - United States.
- - Scale 1:1,267,200.
- - LC also has 1870 edition.
- - LC Railroad maps, 51
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Detailed map of the United States east of the Mississippi River naming railroad lines showing cities and towns, railroad stations, state and county boundaries.
- - Insets: General map of the United States showing the railroad routes across the continent. 41 x 66 cm.--Map of the railroads of New England on an enlarged scale. 64 x 40 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Map 6 Sheets, Each 92 X 77 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1871 .G15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 rr000510 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.rr000510
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division